The Gerson philosophy conforms to a naturally-based, safe regimen that does not involve the use of pharmaceautical drugs. Developed in the 1920s by Dr. Max Gerson, it uses whole, organic foods, juicing, coffee enemas, detoxification through cleansing, and natural supplements which cause the body to heal itself. Thousands of individuals during the last 60 years have experienced the Gerson Therapy to get well from various “fatal” diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and arthritis.
Diseases such as cancer and heart disease can be fatal illnesses which develop in the body over time. By the time a person receives diagnoses, the process has been insitu for some years. Disease is a reaction in the body to certain lifestyle habits (such as environmental exposure to toxins and poor diet) which contribute to inflammation, over-response by the immune system due to an overwhelming amount of stimulus in its presence, toxin overload, and lack of sufficient nutrient supplementation from the diet.
To enable your body to have the best chance of steering clear of harmful and fatal illnesses, you can take steps to stay healthy, reduce inflammation, and absorb nutrients for good health:
- Eat raw foods
- Eat organic foods
- Eliminate processed foods (basically anything you purchase in a store that contains anything other than real, whole foods)
- Eat nutrient-dense foods such as grass-fed meats, pasture-raised poultry, fermented foods, organic fruits and vegetables
- Consume healthy fats such as coconut oil, extra-virgin olive oil, unrefined flax oil, and palm oils
- Eat raw nuts and seeds
- Make everything at home from scratch
- Obtain enough rest
- Obtain regular, moderate exercise
- Seek stress-relieving activities such as yoga, pilates, meditation, or martial arts
- Drink plenty of purified water
- Eliminate plastic from your home and other living environments - replace with wood, metal, glass, or ceramic
- Remove toxic chemicals from your home in the form of cleaners, personal care products, laundry and dishwashing detergents, dryer sheets, clothing and bedding from petroleum sources, air fresheners, perfumes, and dyes.
- Reduce your use of electronic devices as much as possible. Turn off appliances and unplug when not in use.