- Fish - cold water, oily varieties such as salmon, mackerel, herring, anchovies, and sardines
- Flax seeds (freshly ground up) or flax seed oil (raw)
- Black raspberries
- Pasture-raised chickens, turkeys, and ducks - those fed a diet of grasses, worms, and insects
- Eggs from pasture-raised poultry and other birds
- Grass-fed meats and lamb
- Raw milk and cheese from cows that are grass-fed
- Organic butter from grass-fed cows - check your local dairies. Good store brands are Lurpak and Kerrygold
Omega 3 essential fatty acids are crucial in the maintenance of various body systems including brain development in infants and children, cardiovascular systems, and help prevent cancer.
For more information on Omega 3s and the role they play in health, visit The University of Maryland Medical site.