Reducing and elimination of tooth decay is less about treatments and more about prevention. Plenty of people brush their teeth regularly with fluoride and still get cavities and dental decay. If you want to keep dental caries out of your mouth, here are some suggestions that if adhered to, really work:
- Eliminate refined sugars from your diet.
- Eliminate processed foods from your diet.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, organic preferably.
- Eat healthy meats and dairy products such as naturally-raised, organic, grass-fed meats, safe seafood choices such as as salmon, raw dairy products from a healthy source like grass-fed milk, cheeses, creams, and butter
- Make your own sprouted, soaked, and fermented foods at home such as kefir, yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, Kombucha, soaked grains that you would use for home-made cereals, and nuts.
- Make sure you are getting enough fiber
- Be certain to get enough essential fatty acids (such as with healthy meats, eggs, milk, and fish)
- Take a good probiotic daily - consult with a knowledgeable health care practitioner. Make sure your probiotic contains at least 9 strains and has over 10 billion bacteria.
- Brush your teeth and floss at least twice daily with a good quality, natural toothpaste that contains all-natural ingredients and no fluoride. Alternatively, you can make your own toothpaste with essential oils, baking soda, or peroxide (make sure you use food grade).
This post is linked to on Food Renegade's Fight Back Fridays Carnival. Please have a look at the other great food and health posts there.