- Red: tomatoes, watermelon, and pink grapefruits. These fruits contain lycopene which supports prostate health and prevents heart and lung disease.
- Yellow/Green: spinach, yellow corn, collard greens, avocado, peas, and honeydew melon. These contain zeaxanthin and lutein which supports vision and eye function.
- Orange/Yellow: Pumpkin, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, carrots, apricots, and cantaloupes. Contain betacarotene and antioxidants which help prevent cancer. Also, oranges, nectarines, peaches which contain cryptothanxin for heart function support.
- Green: Broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, and cabbage. Contain isothiocyanates, sulforaphanes, and indoles which are known to affect enzymes and disintegrate carcinogens.
- Green/White: garlic, celery, onions, chives, white wine, and pears. These foods have allicin and flavonoids, which have been observed to deter tumor growth.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Are you eating enough prevention foods? Here are some fruits and vegetables you may be lacking in. Consider adding the following to your daily diet: